I’m a New York City-based freelance writer and content creator with a focus on travel, pets, sustainability, and wildlife conservation. I’ve written hundreds of articles that have garnered millions of views in top print and online publications.
My work has appeared in the New York Times, National Geographic, Architectural Digest, Travel + Leisure, Forbes, Fodor’s Travel, USA Today, Fodor’s, Reader’s Digest, Business Insider, Outside Business Journal, AAHA’s Trends, Cruise Critic, JohnnyJet, PlanetWare, Great Pet Care, and The Dodo, among many others.
In the past decade, I brought attention to animal welfare issues as a weekly columnist for NBC’s Petside and a blogger for BarkPost. I continue to create well-researched health, wellness and trending stories about pets and the veterinary industry for some of the best publications in the country. In the travel sector, I passionately pursue and produce compelling stories about responsible and sustainable tourism, off-the-beaten-path adventures, women’s empowerment, community upliftment, animal welfare, and equitable access to the outdoors.
As a content creator, I’ve generated organic branded content for Intrepid Travel, Zegrahm, International Expeditions, safari operators, and CVB and tourism boards. I have also written SEO-optimized and highly effective content for pet brands, insurance companies, and non-profits. As a writer at one of the top-ranked hospitals in the country during the pandemic, I created fundraising proposals and stewardship reports. In 2021, I began writing corporate ESG reports and completed the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards training.
Knowing that my storytelling makes a positive difference drives me to produce quality content that’s both inspiring and compelling.
Some highlights and memorable experiences of my career include:
- Collaboration with TV host/naturalist Jeff Corwin on an eBook on shark conservation (a dream come true!).
- Participation as an Earthwatch Communications Fellow on their Safeguarding Whales and Dolphins research expedition in Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica.
- Catching a glimpse of the critically endangered black rhino in Kenya, snorkeling with sea lions in the Galápagos, releasing sea turtles in Costa Rica, and caring for orphaned wallabies and kangaroos in Australia.
- Production of well-attended professional development and DEAI related webinars for SATW (Society of American Travel Writers).
- Moderation of 2021 Travel Unity Summit’s Travel Media, Sustainability, and DEI Panel discussion.