I’m a New York City-based freelance writer and content creator with a focus on travel, pets, sustainability, and wildlife conservation. I’ve written hundreds of articles that have garnered millions of views in top print and online publications.
Travel and Content Writing
I passionately pursue and produce compelling stories about responsible and sustainable tourism, off-the-beaten-path adventures, women’s empowerment, communities, conservation, and equitable access to the outdoors. Knowing that my storytelling makes a positive difference drives me to produce quality content that’s both inspiring and compelling.
My writing has appeared in the New York Times, National Geographic, Architectural Digest, Travel + Leisure, Forbes, Fodor’s Travel, USA Today, Fodor’s, Business Insider, Outside Business Journal, Cruise Critic, JohnnyJet, PlanetWare, and The Travel, among many others.
As a content creator, I’ve generated organic branded content for Natural Habitat Adventures, Intrepid Travel, Zegrahm, International Expeditions, safari operators, and CVB and tourism boards. I have also written SEO-optimized and highly effective content for various brands, insurance companies, and non-profits.
Veterinary Industry and Pet Health
In the past decade, I brought attention to animal welfare issues as a weekly columnist for NBC’s Petside and a blogger for BarkPost. I continue to create well-researched health, wellness and trending stories about pets and the veterinary industry for some of the best publications in the country, including Reader’s Digest, Great Pet Care, AAHA’s Trends, GoodRx, etc.
Sustainability and ESG Report Writing
In 2021, I began writing corporate ESG reports and completed the GRI Sustainability Reporting Standards training. I have written reports for Fortune 500 companies in the following industries: Agri-tech, Automative, Aviation, Energy, Specialty Retailer, and Technology Services.
Some highlights and memorable experiences of my career include:
- Collaboration with TV host/naturalist Jeff Corwin on an eBook on shark conservation (a dream come true!).
- Participation as an Earthwatch Communications Fellow on their Safeguarding Whales and Dolphins research expedition in Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica.
- Snorkeling with sea lions in the Galápagos, releasing sea turtles in Costa Rica, and swimming with whale sharks in La Paz, Mexico.
- Caring for orphaned wallabies and kangaroos in Australia.
- Meeting the last two northern white rhinos- Najin and Fatu- and the blind black rhino Baraka at Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya.
- Trekking to see the endangered mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda.
- Production of well-attended professional development and DEAI related webinars for SATW (Society of American Travel Writers).
- Moderation of 2021 Travel Unity Summit’s Travel Media, Sustainability, and DEI Panel discussion.